Monday, March 31, 2014

march


As we wrap up March, I’m left thinking through everything I’ve done. I’m thankful that I think we’ve seen the end of snow (although maybe not) and that the sun is shining. I’m also thankful that Scandal has all new episodes through the end of the season… what can I say? I’m addicted. Not only am I thankful for trashy (well-done television), but I’m also thankful for the lessons learned this month.

1. A good church body is special. I’m officially a member of Harvest Bible Chapel North Indy, and words cannot express how thankful I am to be a part of what God is doing there. The small group I’ve joined is also spectacular. I’m learning that a church that is purposefully outwardly focused is beautiful. I’m learning that there are churches that exist who truly train and develop their members. The job of the church is to “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.” I can’t quite call myself a saint, but I’m being equipped!

2. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a great dinner. Even when you're 23. Please don't judge. 

3. Nothing can brighten up an apartment in between seasons like flowers. Bright red tulips J

4. The Book of James can do a number on a heart. Take my word for it. It’s beautiful, convicting, challenging and life-changing. Totally worth the butt kicking. Like after a great workout, I’m feeling stronger and more in shape for the race of life. It’s so practical for where I am in life right now – perseverance, humility and pure religion – those are things I want to be true of me.

I pray that I would have a teachable heart for more months like March. I pray that amidst the busyness and caffeine I would be alert to each moment as it comes, not living in the past and not overly focused on the future, but here in the now, with whatever beauty it has to offer. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these things so much! Currently rocking the bright yellow tulips in #apt304, and wishing I was doing some Beth James with ya!!! Here's to some more spring beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I clicked over from Emily's and somehow ended up at your March 1st post. Loved it! Anyway, I wanted to ask you something about it, but I don't see your email. Can you drop me a note and I will email you back? Thanks! amylsullivan12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete