Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Lovin'


Things I’m loving right now J (This post inspired by my very talented photographer friend, Sami! Check out her photo/life blog.)



These three books, so good, so different. A story of a brave young woman who stands up for education of girls in the Middle East, a witty, sassy and heartbreaking teen novel, and a challenging read about how to live a life that matters, now. One of the 2014 goals was to read more, and man, I never realized how much I would enjoy it.

Starbucks’ Caramel Macchiato is a taste of spring and a necessity during long work weeks. When I gave up sweets for lent, I didn’t think I’d turn to coffee. It’s a taste of heaven though. (Yes, I made a friend take a picture of me with my coffee ;)) 



These J.Crew shiny new earrings; they are oh so fun and so easy to wear. The best part – I was patient enough to wait for them to go on sale.

James’ writes, “be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” And it’s KICKING my butt. I’m quick to speak and quick to anger. Doubt it? Just ride in a car with me during rush hour – I’m oh so quick to honk my horn. I want to listen better. I want to pause before I start talking so I can really hear what someone is saying and respond to them, not just make it all about me, my opinions and my experiences. I want my friends and co-workers to feel known and that starts with them feeling heard. I think that’s the root of what James is saying – listen first, then speak because the truth matters. Let’s speak truth, but we gotta listen first. 

Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment