Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Lovin'


Normally I write on Mondays about things that I’m especially enjoying, but I’m just back from a wonderful weekend in one of my favorite places, so I’m going to celebrate some of the special moments.

The red tulips look beautiful, even in the dark! 

1. I believe that everyone has a special, unique story worth telling. Last Little 500 weekend, a group of my friends set up a card table in one of the off campus housing complexes and gave out free pizza to any one willing to share their story with us. It has always been our prayer that we could then share the Gospel with them, but does not usually happen. This year, I prayed that we would have the opportunity to share the Gospel at least once – fully preparing myself to be disappointed. Forget Thomas the doubter, I’m Caitlin the doubter. Our group had the opportunity to share the Gospel 6 times with countless other spiritual conversations! We gave out ten pizzas and 24 donuts within an hour and a half. Watching God exceed my low expectations, and remind me that He is a God who intersects His story with our stories was a highlight of the weekend.

2. Spending time with two of my senior friends was beautiful. Things get real the last couple weeks of college as you process through your memories, the person you’ve become and your dreams of the future. Two of my best friends graduate in 2 weeks, and I got to spend great one-on-one time with them, hearing about their lives, and also listening as they shared about what they hope the next season of life bring them.

3. Heart to hearting on the comfy red couch. Not all couches, or friendships are made equally. The comfy red couch that lived at Cat Palace for 2 years might be my favorite piece of furniture that I don’t own. Saturday night, I curled up on the couch, which a cup a tea and a very dear friend and we talked. Beth Moore talks about being authentic with all, transparent with most and intimate with some. This friendship is intimate and sweet. We talked about our last year and asked each other questions that got real answers. I’m so thankful for how God has used her to refine me and make me the person I am today.

4. I’ve shared before, but a group of my friends and I are working through Beth Moore’s study on James. This weekend we met in Bloomington and over breakfast we listened to the lesson. It’s been a highlight of the year to journey through challenging scripture with these girls and know that God is transforming us through His Word.

5. I love a good adventure, but they’re hard to plan. You never know exactly who is up for what and where things may lead you. Friday night was the perfect adventure. We pretended we were still college students and visited some of our favorite places on campus, telling stories about our favorite college memories and laughing, a lot. The five friends I was with have shown me what friendship looks like and have taught me about faith in such a real way, it was wonderful to reconnect and adventure with them.  

What are highlights from your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment