Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Monday Lovin'


I’ve been slacking on Monday Lovin’; partially because I’m a workaholic and partially because I’ve just been so busy, but I figured better late than never this week. Without further ado, the things I’m loving this week.

1) The Pacers. Being raised in Cincinnati, I’ve gotten to root for whichever NBA team I wanted. In high school, LeBron James played for Cleveland, and so my family rooted for Cleveland. Then he left, and my dad being the huge sports fan that he is, decided that he was still going to root for LeBron. Moving to Indianapolis this fall has put me in an awkward position sports wise. It’s a no brainer to root for IU sports, and I’ve always liked the Colts, but the Pacers have taken more time. Needless to say, I’m pulling for the Pacers. It’s fun to see a city rally around their athletes and their teams. I also love the way the Pacers play as a team and not as individuals; it’s so encouraging.

2) Summer. While it goes without saying, I’m already loving the summer time. Warm weather, fruity drinks, and lots of time by the pool – it puts everyone in a better mood. If you haven’t already, I recommend you try the Coors Light Summer Brew; it’s fantastic!

3) The Monon. While training for the mini marathon, I fell in love with the Monon. My love affair didn’t end with the race. This summer my motto is “Get fast, get fit, get tan.” I’m hoping to run another half marathon this fall, and I want to train better and smarter, and that starts now, with some long runs on the Monon. It’s a good thing I like it!

4) She Reads Truth. A daily devotional right out of the Bible. It’s a great way to start my morning, or if I’m being completely honest, end my day. It’s the perfect length and right now we’re reading through Nehemiah, a book of the Bible I’ve never read through. I’m really enjoying learning more and getting to read scripture in a new way. My favorite way to study scripture is to go deep and truly pick it apart, but this is perfect for the season of life I’m in right now. Reading it every day keeps me rooted and focused on what matters. I’ve been feeling really weighed down by grown up stuff – health insurance, cars, jobs, etc. so the reminder of eternity and God’s faithfulness through the scriptures is just what I need.

I hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend! I’m thankful for all those who have served our wonderful country. We are blessed because of their sacrifice! Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment